This 6 week challenge is something I have designed to help me form the good habits I want to hold and to achieve the things I want to achieve. The challenge will run from Monday, the 21st of May, 2012 until Sunday, the 1st of June, 2012. These goals will run for 6 weeks, but the ideal result is that the habits will continue long after.
The blog will be tracked with posts I make with the tag “challenge” and can be followed here, and can be found by clicking the “6 Week Challenge” tab on my blog.
As part of the challenge progress, I will upload a picture of myself every Monday so that a comparison can be made.
Some goals will be tracked in a specific way, the details will be below with that goal.
Please give feedback, tips, and suggestions! They will be much appreciated!
The goals are as follows:
1. I will do some form of exercise every day for 6 weeks.
- To track this goal, I will write a summary of what I did for exercise each day, including a work out summary where it is applicable.
- Obviously there will be days where I need to rest, that is inevitable, but I will take those days only when it is necessary.
2. I will do yoga every day for 6 weeks.
- I am not going to add specifics to this goal as I know as I do more yoga I will get better, be able to hold asanas longer and learn more asanas. I also know that time restraints will change so I’m just going to leave this goal open.
3. I will meditate every day for 6 weeks.
- I still do not succeed in entering the meditative state every time I try, so I am going to make this goal about TRYING to meditate every day. As with yoga, I will not put a specific time on how long I try for each day.
4. I will sit cross legged for at least 10 minutes every day, for 6 weeks.
- This kind of goes along with the previous two goals.
- I really want to be able to sit cross legged comfortably, and the best way to get there is by just doing it.
5. I will do split stretches at least 5 days a week, for 6 weeks.
- This includes side splits and both front splits.
6. Get up at 6:00am every day, for 6 weeks.
- This means actually getting out of bed at 6, not just waking up at this time and lying in bed because it’s too cold.
- This is also including the mornings after a late night, if I choose to do that to myself, that’s my own undoing.
7. Go for a run at least 5 times a week, for 6 weeks.
- For this goal, I will track my runs using the MapMyRun+ app on my phone. I will then post a link to the run summary on the challenge page.
- Increasing the distance as I get fitter.
8. No “screens” less than an hour before I go to bed for 6 weeks.
- This is basically to help with sleeping and dreaming. I know how badly it effects me.
9. Read at least once a day, for 6 weeks.
- This means a book, not something on a screen.
10. Write something at least once a day, for 6 weeks.
- This is really two goals in one.
- Firstly, I want to literally put pen to paper and write at least once a day.
- Secondly, I want to write down an idea on this blog. No one ever goes a day without thinking about something they haven’t thought about before, or expanding on a pre-existing idea, I just want to start getting mine down.
11. I will practise martial arts AT LEAST four hours a week, for 6 weeks.
- This one is really important to me, especially since I currently am not training under anyone in any particular art.
- I will include a summary post about what martial arts training I do.
12. I will do my full range of motion exercises at least twice a day, for 6 weeks.
- These are the exercises I learnt from Dean Jolly at Studio Athletica to align and warm up my joints, spine and muscles.
- Doing it at least twice a day will help my body to “remember” how to stay aligned.
13. See my mother and my father at least once a week, for six weeks.
- They are divorced, but both live in the same city as me.
- Need to make an effort to see them EVERY WEEK.
14. Once a week for six weeks, I will try something I have never tried before.
- This could be something with my my body, a technique or something, or it could be a food of some sort, etc.